When determining if you need to replace your breaker panel, there are several signs our electricians suggest looking for, including:
- Age of the electrical panel
- How often the circuit breakers are tripping
- Signs of damage to the breaker panel
- Frequently flickering lights
- Code compliance issues
When deciding if you need to replace your home’s aging wiring, our electrical contractors recommend watching for these signs:
- You have bad wiring connections.
- You notice the lights dimming or brightening periodically.
- You notice the lights flickering.
- You notice the odor of burning plastic.
- You see sparks, flames, or smoke.
- You notice the wires start to overheat.
- You notice scorching around or behind the faceplate.
Are you running out of hot water faster than usual? This can be due to several reasons, including:
- Multiple appliances are using hot water at the same time.
- There is sediment building up in the unit.
- The dip tube is broken. This allows cold water to move to the bottom of the tank to be heated.
- Your water heater is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Your unit’s thermostat is not working correctly.
If your water pressure is lower than usual, it can indicate a problem with your plumbing system. Some potential reasons can include:
- Too many plumbing fixtures running at the same time.
- Faulty fixtures, like showerheads or faucets.
- A broken pressure regulator. These are meant to stabilize the water pressure in your home.
- Closed valves that are preventing your water supply from traveling through them.
- Clogged pipes are disrupting the water flow through the pipes.
Call our plumbers to inspect the system and diagnose the problem.
If you smell burning plastic when your heater is running, it can signal an object in the heater – such as a wrapper, debris, or even a household item (like your kids’ toys). This will melt while the furnace runs, causing a burning smell. Our technicians recommend shutting off the system and trying to remove the object. You should also call for professional services.
Motion sensor lights are essential to protecting your house or building. Installing them in dark areas, by all doors and windows, and near the garage can help deter intruders and provide light in convenient locations to help prevent slips and falls.
There are vital signs to watch for that can indicate you need generator repairs. Our electricians recommend watching for:
- If there are signs of a leak.
- If it is low in coolant.
- If there is no fuel, or if fuel is leaking.
- If the battery is dead or malfunctioning.
- If the unit is not turning on correctly.
Call Update Heating and Cooling Services at 815-463-0333 for appointments in Will County when you need plumbing, heating and cooling, or electrical repairs. We offer same-day services.