Smoke Detector Installation in New Lenox, IL
Your family’s best protection against a fire is a working smoke detector. It’s essential to have these properly installed to ensure your device can alert your family. To make sure your smoke detector is working correctly and properly installed, call Update Heating and Cooling Services for appointments in New Lenox, IL. We offer same-day services.
Add protection to your home by installing a carbon monoxide detector. Contact us for appointments!
How To Ensure Your Smoke Detectors Work
Are your smoke detectors properly installed and working correctly? It’s essential to perform tasks regularly to ensure they are functioning:
- Inspect each monitor on a monthly basis.
- Install the appropriate number of devices across your premises.
- Position a monitor outside every bedroom in your residence.
- Place a device on each level of the building or house.
- Install interconnected monitors so that if one alarm activates, all of them do to ensure audibility throughout the place.
- Be careful when installing a device near the kitchen, as cooking smoke may lead to false alarms.
- In properties, equip units with strobe lights to alert individuals with hearing impairments in case of a fire.
- Hire an electrician to install the alarms and check on their functionality correctly.