Radiant Heating, Chicago Radiant Flooring, Chicago Floor Heating, Chicago Heating Service Info:
- Radiant Heating concentrates the heat near the floor, where you and your family can benefit from it.
- Radiant Heating provides the greatest long-term energy efficiency with reduced operational and maintenance costs. Having a warm, comfortable floor in your home or business all winter long is exactly what radiant floor heat is about. You get warm floors, comfort, control plus savings. Radiant floor heating is truly remarkable heat and is superior to traditional heating systems requiring up to 30% less energy than a gas heating unit.
- Radiant Heating provides numerous benefits, including increased comfort, even temperatures, cleaner air, no cold drafts, no unsightly ductwork and no floor vents, all while being quieter and more energy-efficient compared to forced-air heat.
- In a Radiant Heating system, warm water flows through tubes located underneath the floors. That warmth radiates up from the floors and warms everything it comes in contact with — including people.
- Radiant is compatible under any type of floor covering — carpet, wood, slate, tile, linoleum, and even concrete — making design possibilities endless.
Q & A About Radiant Heating
Q. Why is radiant heat (radiant floor heating) superior to other heating methods?
A. With radiant heat, every object in the room becomes warm and contributes to your overall comfort. Because you’re heating more than just the room’s air, your living space maintains an even, satisfying warmth with no air currents, blowing dust, or cold spots. Unlike other heating methods, radiant heat doesn’t dry out the air. The warmth starts at your feet where it is most desired instead of blowing out of duct work and ending up on the ceiling. With traditional hydronic baseboard heating, the hot air flows up the wall creating a convective current that can actually draw in cold outside air.
Also, with radiant heat, you feel comfortable at a lower thermostat setting, so your fuel bills will be lower…a major plus!
In addition, the system is silent, has only one moving part, needs minimal maintenance, operates more efficiently than any other heating system while offering superior comfort, and if that isn’t enough, you can walk around in socks all winter! Imagine stepping out of your morning shower onto a warm floor. Imagine never again sitting on a cold sofa. Imagine stretching out on a cozy floor and reading the paper, working on a school project with the kids, doing yoga exercises. These are only a few of the reasons why radiant heat has been used in Europe for over sixty years and will soon become the standard in America.